ICUP started in 1993 and this highly popular, non-pro t, conference is the leading international forum for sharing information and ideas on the impact, biology and control of pests in the urban environment. It is attended by entomologists, pest management professionals, and academic and government scientists from around the world.
The 2017 venue is Conference Aston / Aston University in Birmingham, UK.
Theme: addressing the importance of emerging environments and how they are impacting on emerging pests that are both ‘old’ and ‘new’ to us.
• Hygiene Pests (e.g. cockroaches, ants, bed bugs, house ies)
• Structural Pests (e.g. termites)
• Vertebrates (e.g. rats, mice, pigeons)
• Invasive Species (e.g. mosquitoes, ants) • Medical Entomology/ Acarology
• Future Pest Management
• Biocide directives, regulatory challenges, stewardship
• Chemical control – synthetic and natural compounds
• Physical Methods in Pest Management • Workshops and symposia